NEW MEXICO MEDICAL INSURANCE POOL OPEN MEETINGS POLICY – 2021
The New Mexico Medical Insurance Pool (Pool) Board of Directors adopts the following as its Open Meetings Policy for the year beginning at its annual meeting on March 26, 2021:
For the year 2021, the regular meetings* are scheduled on:
- January 15
- March 26 – Annual and Regular
- May 21
- August 27
- October 22
- December 3
Special meetings*, if needed, are scheduled on:
- February 26
- April 23
- June 25
- July 23
- September 24
*Unless otherwise noted, all meetings will be held via Zoom for the duration of the public health order. Thereafter, meetings will be held at Delta Consulting Group, 500 Marquette Ave NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102 or conducted telephonically.
- All Board meetings shall be open to the public and to members of the Pool.
- Policyholders or members who have requested an appeal of a decision of the Administrator shall not have the right to present information regarding the appeal unless such right has been granted by the Board pursuant to the Pool grievance policies.
- Discussions of any policyholders’ appeals shall not be open to the public or to members of the Pool and will only be considered in executive session by the Board.
- Executive sessions of the Board will also be called whenever the Board determines that it is required by law to discuss the matter in executive session or whenever the Board determines that it desires to discuss the matter in executive session and is permitted to do so under the open meetings laws applicable to state agencies and boards.